Frequently Asked Questions
How are behaviors rewarded and/or managed while in treatment?
- Gulf Coast Treatment Center uses a phase system to monitor patient’s progress in areas such as group participation, social interactions, and behavior. Phase advancement indicates progress in treatment, and includes gradually increasing responsibility and privileges.
What is the policy for calls and visitation with patients?
- Family communication and involvement is highly encouraged and important for the growth and treatment of our patients.
- Phone calls are also encouraged – children are guaranteed 2 call days per week. Please contact the Admissions Department regarding further questions about phone calls.
Can children have personal items?
- Yes, as long as approved by the Admissions Department and Facility.
Visitation and Family Passes
- The family is encouraged to maintain consistent visitation and involvement during the patient’s treatment, including periodic visits for family therapy sessions and family group education. As treatment progresses therapeutic family assignments will be important to the success of the patient’s transition for their discharge planning.